This is the easiest and one of the fastest meals you will ever make. This meal is done in about 15 minutes. As a kid, I recall lots of parents making their kids pasta with butter. Usually because they were feeding picky eaters, and butterred noodles was all they could get their kid to eat. Try avocado, nature’s butter instead! You can of course skip the mushrooms completely in this recipe and just toss your noodles with avocado, or replace the mushrooms with a chunky marinara sauce.
- 1 lb. gluten free penne (or any other noodle)
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 lb. bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. truffle oil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- splash dry white wine
- dash montreal steak spice
- pinch of pink himalayan salt or sea salt
- fresh parsely (optional)
- Begin cooking pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saute pan, heat a skillet over medium-high heat and warm the truffle oil.
- Saute the mushrooms for a few minutes then add a dash of salt, thyme and montreal steal spice. When the mushrooms are almost done cooking, and moisture has almost evaporated, de-glaze the plan with a splash of white wine.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and return it to the pot over low heat. Add the diced avocado and nutritional yeast and work into the pasta breaking up any large chunks of avocado.
- Divide the pasta among serving plates and top with the sauteed mushrooms. Garnish with fresh parsley.