Since I made this soup Jacob has asked me at least three times to make tomato soup for dinner. One evening this week when I said we were having butternut squash soup for dinner he said he wanted tomato soup while pointing to the tomatoes on the bowl sitting on the counter. I told him I would make it the next evening – love this kid!
Makes 2-3 servings
- approximately 1 1/2 cup mixed tomatoes, I used yellow cherry and red roma tomatoes
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 avocado, divided
- approximately 10 fresh basil leaves
- few sprigs fresh parsley and/or fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Blend all ingredients, and only half of the avocado in a high-speed blender until smooth, I used a Vitamix. The Vitamix will also warm soup. If you do not have a Vitamix, process in a blender, and transfer to a pot to heat gently.
- Top with the other half of avocado and fresh cracked black pepper, organic corn chips and hot sauce
Love this recipe? Join the barefoot party for weekly un-fussy vegan and gluten-free recipes and tips to live a more minimalist life and love every minute of it!